#62 Moon My Peers

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something like "I feel a bit light headed, maybe you should drive...." And suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us and the sky was full of what looked like huge bats, all swooping and screeching and diving around the car, and a voice was screaming: "Holy Jesus! What are these goddamn animals?" We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all this for the trip, but once you get locked in a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can. The only thing that worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. And I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon. - HST

Listen

Dog Killer (Evening Run) (4:24)
Moon My Peers (Composite Sketch) (8:50)
Dog Killer (4:44)

Free 320
LOSSLESS

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this one - thanks!

Anonymous said...

elaborate and complete - and I still quite often (more than once a year) return the formidable Caterwaul, and irresistible Man. May you give up, WLFC, urges: The Chairman

Anonymous said...

Writing in a foreign language on the pc keyboard, I'm so sorry, folks - it's of course: I return TO .. and even of courser: May you NEVER give in, or up! Begging for pardon : TC

We're Late For Class said...

Thanks Chairman. Glad to hear someone's listening. The comments are the icing on the cake. We're going to be posting some more jams, more often, this year. Thanks for the support.
WLFC

mick55 said...

For me Barstow was not so sublime....

It was around midnight...

The only thing open was a run down
Taco Shop with weird stuff on the menu.

Big Dave suddenly appeared, foaming at the mouth and
howling about the disgustingness of it all.

I thought he was having an existentialist moment
but quickly realized he was talking about the vile
and odious restroom.

"Worse than the one in Trainspotting" he shrieked.

...Why didn't I just believe him?

Why did I have to ......

....oh, the horror, the abomination.......

but, I digress....


This one has a ridiculously awesome night-time desert vibe.

Thanks for another winner guys.

We're Late For Class said...

You might OD on this stuff. Your brain is going to turn into mush.